The Family Life Program specifically addresses five needs of today's developing young Catholics:
Young People need:
- skills and knowledge for family living, both now and when they become parents
- to understand not only their own physical, emotional and spiritual development, but also the development of people around them
- to cultivate a respect for all life especially human life
- to develop a Christian understanding and reverence for sexuality
- to relate with others outside the family and thereby take their responsible place in society
This program is based on experience, recognition of the importance of the family, and our Bishop's request for a curriculum in Family Life.