Our Music Education Program increases the children's sensitivity to the power of Music as an art and prayer form.
Music Education provides children with those experiences that will help them to grow in musical expression, understanding, and appreciation. They will have many opportunities to perceive, analyze, and evaluate music as a life-long value through a variety of music experiences.
The teacher introduces the children to the elements of music from which musical concepts are formed: rhythm, melody, harmony, form expression and style. The instructor evaluates students through observation and according to criteria related to performance, understanding and appreciation.
All students in Grade 1,2, and Choral Groups perform in our Christmas Show. All students in Grades 3 through 8 perform in our Spring Concert.
At the end of eight years of study, the students should be able to:
- discern those qualities that make sound expressive and respond to them
- analyze and explore the inner workings of music
- appraise the musical quality of a variety of pieces
- learn about his/her own musical preferences in relation to the preferences of others
- come to value music as important to his/her life and worship